Over 15 years of experience in Software Development, Architecture, Project Management, and Technical Leadership. Recent experience with leading development for Cloud-based app using Reactjs and Nodejs stack.
IBM/SoftLayer, Jul 2014 - Present
- Mentored junior developers remotely and in-person.
- Research and architected various software solutions.
- Extensively documented our code, processes, APIs, and troubleshooting guides.
Mass Data Migration, Technical Lead, Oct 2018 - Present
- Architected and developed Mass Data Migrations in IBM Cloud. (Reactjs, Nodejs, Typescript, ES2015, Cloudant)
- Created user stories and managed sprints.
Mass Data Migration, Software Engineer, Mar 2017 - Oct 2018
- Helped bring a new product, Mass Data Migrations, to market by working closely with Offering Managers, designers, and distributed team across United States and South America. (PHP, Zend Framework, RabbitMQ)
Monitoring, Software Engineer, Jul 2014 - Mar 2017
- Supported & enhanced web-based Infrastructure Management System built on Zend Framework.
- Developed web services for interfacing with with backend monitoring infrastructure consisting of Nagios and Nimsoft.
- Developed high performance monitoring poller in Golang with capacity to handle more than 100K polls per minute.
Success Partners, Software Engineer, Aug 2012 - Jul 2014
- Developed & designed PCI compliant Customer Manager portal using Zend Framework (PHP). Customer Service used this portal to lookup and update customer details, process certain orders, and run various reports.
- Developed modules for Magento based websites including integration with Customer Manager portal, with a custom subscription system, and various web services.
- Created RESTful Web Services for clients and vendors to automate various manual processes. (PHP/CodeIgniter)
- Setup and deployed Adobe Digital Publishing suite including Entitlement server, Web Viewer, Android, and iOS apps for SUCCESS Magazine.
- Setup various softwares related to programming including PHP debuggers, and PHPUnit.
- Research, troubleshoot, and debug various technical issues. Documented legacy code.
- Documented and standardized various processes such as branching, TDD, and code reviews.
KEDARit, Software Architect, Jan 2010 - Aug 2012
- Designed & developed ITIL based IT budgeting web application using PHP, MySQL, CodeIgniter, Datamapper ORM, and jQuery.
- Developed financial reports using Pentaho Report Designer & SQL.
- Customized & maintained Pentaho Business Intelligence server which is J2EE application.
- Managed offshore team.
- Attended several business networking events on behalf of KEDARit.
McKesson, Programmer Analyst, Jan 2008 - Sep 2009
- Supported complex enterprises website with over $48 billion per year in revenues.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts to assist in design, analysis, and requirement gathering. Also assisted in resolving support and application issues.
- Provided mission critical 24x7 on call support.
- Designed a process for customer data copy between Oracle databases during roll out of major upgrades to the website without impacting live customers.
- Performed a complex process of new application tier environment setup for major upgrades to the website.
- Showed leadership and mentored junior team members.
- Took charge during production crisis issues and made critical decisions to restore services.
- Developed JSP & J2EE code, Oracle PL/SQL procedures, and Korn shell scripts.
- Managed changes to production environment.
The Planet, Software Engineer, Apr 2006 - Dec 2007
- Developed a complex J2EE website which allowed users to place online orders, manage their servers & view reports.
- Created key Business Intelligence reports using Pentaho BI and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services that business partners used to make critical business decisions.
- Setup and maintained Redhat RHEL4 server for Pentaho BI and Windows Server 2005 server for Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Khalid Brothers LLC, Principal, Dec 2005
- Developed and updated websites for several small business clients.
- Tutored software engineers and students in various programming concepts and technologies.
Innerworks Computer Services, IT Staff, Jan 2003 - Jan 2004
- Provided 24x7 support for network, software, and hardware issues.
- Designed and updated business applications using Microsoft Access.
State University of New York at Plattsburgh, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, 2002